Geneseo High School Principal Vacancy
Application Packet to Submit for Consideration
Geneseo High School will be replacing Mr. Michael Haugse, who has served with merit as high school principal for more than a decade. The district now accepts applications for a position that officially begins on July 1, 2017. Mr. Haugse will retire effective June 30, 2017.
Geneseo Community Unit School District #228 is seeking a principal for 2017-18 who has demonstrated building-level administrative experience of at least 3 years, who has a proven record of teacher evaluation, curriculum review and evaluation, data analysis, supervising support staff, possesses high levels of organizational skills, and can build effective relationships with students, staff, and the greater school community. The effective candidate possesses an exemplary work ethic, strong communications skills for relationship and trust building, thorough understanding of the change process, and the ability to enhance existing successes while innovating areas in need of improvement.
Any interested person who applies for the position should submit hard paper copies of the following items to the attention of :
Scott Kuffel, Superintendent
648 N. Chicago St.
Geneseo, IL 61254
The envelope should be clearly marked “High School Principal Application”
The envelope should contain the following items to ensure consideration. Failure to submit a complete packet may disqualify a candidate.
- A cover letter indicating interest in the position
- An essay, separate from the cover letter that explains the candidate’s vision of a highly effective high school, which then connects the candidate’s personal and professional attributes to an ability to lead such a high school.
- A copy of current resume emphasizing key work experiences preparing candidate for this position.
- A minimum of four letters of reference: with at least one coming from someone the candidate supervised in some capacity. No reference letter should be older than three years.
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- A copy of or proof of current and valid endorsement to serve as a principal in Illinois.
- Applications accepted until 3:00 p.m., Monday, November 28, 2016.
- Candidates selected for an initial interview will be notified and scheduled by Friday, December 2, 2016.
- First round of interviews will be scheduled for the period between December 7-20.
- Second round of interviews will be conducted the week of January 9, 2017.
- Final recommendation will be prepared by January 23, 2017.
- Board of Education approves new Geneseo High School Principal at February 9, 2017 regular Board meeting.
Any questions regarding this process should be directed to Scott Kuffel, Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (309)-945-0450.