Technology at Geneseo Community School District 228
The lastest update for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 replaced the entire Common Unix Printing System (CUPS) and in this process has created a lot of problems with printing and compatibility among printers. This can mean some serious lost productivity if you find yourself in an situation where you and co-workers cannot print after the update. Here is a fix, sorry for the multiple steps but you got to do what you got to do.
2. Now Extract this zip file and take the cups directory and place on your desktop.
3. Now Click on the Finder icon and then up at the top of the screen click on GO | GO TO FOLDER
4. No type in the box usr/libexec
5. In the Finder window that pops up first locate the cups directory and then drag it to the trash.
10. Now launch Disk Utility (May be easiest to just use Spotlight and search for it) (otherwise is in Applications | Utilities)
11. In Disk Utility Click on your Macintosh HD and then click on REPAIR PERMISSIONS. Let this complete can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes and you are all set.
12 You can now print again like you used to before the update To be extra safe you may want to restart the computer.